General Textbanking Info
Other Candidate Guides
The Biden-Harris campaign is getting their act together for texting, using the texting app ThruText. They have opened up a new Slack workspace that you can join to find texting opportunities for Biden.
Get started texting for Biden-Harris
- Get an invite to join the Biden-Harris texting program by filling out this form.
- You will receive an email with a link to “Sign up for a Text Team training.” This link takes you to the 2020 Victory events calendar, where you can register for an upcoming training session.
- After registering, you will receive another email to confirm your registration and add the event to your own calendar.
- After completing your training session, you will be asked to take a short primer and review quiz.
- At the bottom of the quiz, you will find a link inviting you to join the Biden-Harris Slack workspace VolunteerTeam2020. Follow the standard Slack sign-up/sign-in procedure to join up.
- Once in Slack, read the #volunteer-welcome message.
- Review two important instructional docs:
- Next, join the #text-new-texters channel, and post “I am ready for next steps!” (Don’t post anything else at this point as other posts can be confusing and slow down your onboarding process.)
- An automated ‘bot’ named R.O.B. Slackbot will reply to you with a direct message to create your 2020 Victory texting account on ThruText. It will also add you to the text-team channel in Slack. Once you have your ThruText account and are in the text-team channel, you can request a workflow and begin texting for the Biden-Harris campaign.