General Textbanking Info
Other Candidate Guides
MJ Hegar is running in Texas against Senator John Cornyn. This one is an uphill battle, but if you like supporting underdogs who could knock off a really Big Dog, you might want to shoot some texts into Texas for Hegar. Hegar has inherited much of the technical know-how that drove Beto O’Rourke’s 2018 Senate campaign. As one of our texters reports, she “has the best run texting program I’ve come across.”
Get started texting for MJ Hegar
- Daily texting events are listed on MJ Hegar’s events calendar here. (If this link is expired, find more recent texting events by searching this calendar for event Type ‘text banks’.)
- Select a texting event and register to join.
- You will receive an email confirming your registration and providing additional information, including a link to their Texting Guide, which you should read.
- Review the information on the campaign’s Texting Hub page.
- If you are not familiar with ThruText, read this ThruText Training slide deck.
- If you don’t have a ThruText account, get one (step-by-step instructions are in the slide deck).
- Your confirmation email contains a link to this form, which you fill out before creating your unique ThruText account for the Hegar campaign (even if you already have a ThruText account, you need to activate this account specifically for this campaign).
- The campaign requests you complete this step before 9:30am on the day of your texting assignment.
- After submitting the form, follow the provided link to join the Texas Victory ThruText account.
- Finally, join the campaign’s Slack workspace using this invitation link: mjfortexas.com/slack. Follow the usual required steps to join the MJ for Texas workspace.
- Sign in to the Slack workspace and read the introductory message.
- At the start of your assigned shift, return to Texas Victory ThruText account and your workflow should be waiting for you to start texting.