The DVC was proud to play a part in the 2018 blue wave midterms, and helped to win back the White House in 2020 and win the Senate in the January 2021 Georgia runoff election.
2020 By the Numbers
- In response to the pandemic, we completely overhauled our operations, converting from an in-person facility to a virtual headquarters supporting thousands of home-based volunteers.
- Our volunteer base now includes more than 10,000 individuals hailing from all 50 states.
- DVC volunteers made nearly 1 million get-out-the-vote calls for Democratic candidates. This includes more than 94,000 calls made for the runoff that elected Rev. Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff to the Senate.
- DVC texters sent more than 3 million texts to voters in key states.
- Our postcard and letter writers hand-wrote more than 200,000 messages to be sure that our voters made their voices heard.
- We also raised over $13,000 to help fund the Warnock and Ossoff runoff campaigns and to support Stacey Abrams’ organization Fair Fight.
2018 by the Numbers
- Our volunteers made more than 300,000 calls on behalf of 26 campaigns in 15 states.
- We held more than 50 postcard-writing events, 13 texting events, 11 canvasser training events and 6 local precinct-walking events.
- We hosted 15 campaign fundraising events, as well as 78 partner organization meetings and workshops on bystander intervention, Spanish for canvassers, Swing Left Academy, and more.