Write postcards to register voters and turn out more Democrats
- Email any of these volunteers for information on how to postcard for Reclaim Our Vote:
- Sign up at http://itsblueturn.com/pickup or email Mariya at email@example.com to pick up, contact-free, postcard packages to work on at home from a variety of campaigns. The packages include everything you need to write to voters from home.
- Get names and addresses to write postcards to at PostCardsToVoters.org.
- Find places to order postcards, stamps, etc. here
Write postcards for TJ Cox
We need to re-elect TJ Cox to Congress! This race has been rated a toss-up and a Republican Super PAC has allotted $1.6 million to target him, more than any other House candidate in California. You can write in English or Spanish, but people who can write in Spanish are especially needed. For scripts and more information, email Mary Boergers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ditch Mitch! Write postcards to unseat Mitch McConnell
Mitch McConnell has been a disaster for the country but worse for the women of Kentucky. The Women Ditch Mitch campaign campaign will start with writing postcards to all 2.2 million women in Kentucky. Click here to sign up for this campaign; you’ll be sent postcards, addresses, and instructions; you’ll need to supply your own stamps.
Write letters to get out the vote in November
Visit this page to download and print letters at home for Swing Left (via Vote Forward). Don’t mail them yet — these letters get mailed in October.
Make it social by joining Sue and Melissa Dinwiddie’s letter parties! These take place every Saturday from 2:00 to 4:00pm. See the letter party schedule here for more information and to sign up—just click on “Letter-writing party” for the day you want to attend for the RSVP link.
Can’t print letters at home? You can pick up printed letters that you will complete from these generous folks:
- Hillsborough: contact Cheryl & Michelle
- Mountain View: contact Mariya
- San Carlos: email Laura
- San Mateo Highlands: email Elaine
- Woodside (off Skyline): email Betsy
- Los Altos (near Foothill Expwy): email Linda
Can’t get out of the house? If you don’t have a printer and can’t pick up letter, contact these dedicated volunteers to have letters delivered to you:
- Menlo Park, Palo Alto, Stanford: email Kirstin (for 100 letters or more)
- Los Altos: email Barbara
- Redwood City and San Carlos: email Laura
- Pacifica: email Lorrie
If none of these can be arranged, Sue can mail you a packet. You will need to send $2.00 via PayPal (friends and family method) to email@example.com, to cover the cost. Send your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Virtual Letters” in the subject line. You may want to wait three days before you open the packet, just to be safe.
Get the rest of your letter supplies
Order envelopes for delivery:
- Get envelopes at Staples.com or Amazon.com
- Costco.com sometimes has an even better price, and they will deliver, but only to members
- Order stamps from USPS.com. They will come in your mail.
Host a Letter Party!
Host a letter-writing party for Swing Left. Instructions are here.