Write postcards to register voters and turn out more Democrats
- Reclaim Our Vote
Email Elsa at email@example.com for information on how to postcard for Reclaim Our Vote through October 10th. Reclaim Our Vote postcarding will end mid-October, but they invite you to join them in phonebanking to all those people of color you’ve just gotten re-registered to make sure they get their vote in on time and counted. Find ROV phonebank events here. (Why switch to phonebanking? See here.)
- Senate (several key states) and House (CA) races
Email Pat at firstname.lastname@example.org or Deb at email@example.com to get postcarding supplies for Senate races, California Congressional districts, voter registration and get out the vote cards to several states. Postcards should be mailed by October 16.
- Swing states (see list here)
Sign up at http://itsblueturn.com/pickup or email Mariya at firstname.lastname@example.org to pick up, contact-free, postcard packages to work on at home from a variety of campaigns. The packages include everything you need to write to voters from home.
- Flippable Senate races
Visit http://www.tinyurl.com/dem-GOTV-postcards for a long list of campaigns you can join.
- Get more names and addresses to write postcards to at PostCardsToVoters.org.
- Find places to order postcards, stamps, etc. here.
Make it social! Join Mariya’s Postcard and Letter Parties each Thursday from 6-7pm Pacific time on Zoom. Write to voters, catch up on news, get your questions answered, and just chat with fellow activists. To join, RSVP here.
Write letters to get out the vote in November
Visit this page to download and print letters at home for Swing Left (via Vote Forward). Don’t mail them yet — these letters get mailed in October.
Make it social — join a letter party!
- Every Saturday from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Every Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Every Thursday from 6:00 to 7:00pm.
See the letter party schedule here for more information and to sign up—just click on the events name for the day you want to attend, then click the RSVP link provided.
Can’t print letters at home? You can pick up printed letters that you will complete from these generous folks:
- Hillsborough: contact Cheryl & Michelle
- Mountain View: contact Mariya
- San Carlos/Belmont: email Laura
- San Mateo Highlands: email Elaine
- Redwood City: email Betsy
- Los Altos (near Foothill Expwy): email Linda
Can’t get out of the house? If you don’t have a printer and can’t pick up letters, contact these dedicated volunteers to have letters delivered to you:
- Menlo Park, Palo Alto, Stanford: email Kirstin (for 100 letters or more)
- Los Altos: email Barbara
- Redwood City and San Carlos: email Laura
- Pacifica: email Lorrie
If you’re out of the area, get a packet by mail for the Saturday or Wednesday letter parties:
- For Saturday letter parties, send your name and address to email@example.com, with “Virtual Letters” in the subject line. You’ll need to send $2.00 via PayPal (friends and family method) to firstname.lastname@example.org, to cover the cost of mailing.
- For Wednesday letter parties, contact Mary at email@example.com to receive a packet of 100 letters.
Get the rest of your letter supplies
Order supplies for delivery:
- Get envelopes at Staples.com or Amazon.com. Costco.com sometimes has an even better price, and they will deliver, but only to members.
- Order stamps from USPS.com. They will come in your mail.
Host a Letter Party!
Host a letter-writing party for Swing Left. Instructions are here.